I need this more than ever right now! Life is odd and just when you think everything’s ok it’ll throw a massive curveball at you. I try so hard not to be negative or sad but sometimes it’s an impossible task. There are just too many things going off that are bringing me down right now and it’s all too easy to just slide down that slippery slope. So during (another) sleepless night I tried to think of all the things that would cheer me up and put a smile on my face and I made this little list. Hopefully it’ll help you guys too!
Positive vibes people….
1. Find a photo you love from a moment when you were truly happy. You CAN be in that place again. The photo above was taken during a pretty crappy time, and for my friend too, but it was a really happy moment. I was carefree, with someone I love, and loving life. It’ll happen again.
2. Exercise. Do anything to get your heart rate up. Run, walk, dance, kick a ball. Do whatever you can. Those endorphin’s are real. Enjoy them and the knowledge that you are looking after your body. It’ll reward you with happiness, trust me. Since my accident I’ve not been able to ride or do pretty much any sort of sporting activity. I’ve never felt so low.
3. Eat well. It’s so easy to skip meals or over indulge when you feel low. Do yourself a favour and fill up on nutrients and all the superfoods you can find. Your body will thank you for it and you won’t have to face the guilt after scoffing that family sized bag of Galaxy Counters.
4. Go outside and go somewhere different. A change in scenery always reminds me how small we are and how vast the world is. Make the most of it. There are so many interesting people out there and fascinating places to go to. Life is too short not to explore.
5. Change your hair. Sounds basic but the feeling after a new haircut/colour is a real booster when your self esteem needs a pick me up.
6. Clear out. Nothing helps cleanse a clouded mind like having a good sort through all the clutter you have. Sell your old things you no longer need, make room for new items and relish anything you find that reminds you of a happier time in your life.
7. Find a new hobby. Start a project, learn a new language, and take on that thing you’ve been meaning to do forever. The time is now. You’ll never be this young again, so just do it.
8. Call that person you’ve been meaning to. You never know- they might need cheering up to. Equally surround yourself with friends, they CAN make you laugh and they will.
9. Do something good for someone else. Let’s not be selfish people, helping others will help yourself. I’m not suggesting you give you every free minute in your life to volunteer but even a small act of kindness is one of the quickest ways to instantly feel good again. Don’t forget to say thank you when someone else returns the favour.
10. Look in the mirror and tell yourself that you are a GOOD person with a good heart. Quit all the bitching and gossip and enjoy life. Being respectful to others will only breed happiness onto yourself. Think about how you see yourself and how you want to be seen. Try and stop comparing yourself to others, you can only ever be you. That’s why you need to be the BEST version of you possible.
Tell yourself that you’ve got this, a positive attitude can overcome a negative mind.
Don’t forget to SMILE : )